Social Distancing and other COVID-19 Visuals for Young Children
As we weather this uncertain time of self-quaratine and increased precaustions, parents, educators, and therapists are seeking up-to-date information as well as teaching and modeling best practices to our children to stay safe in the COID-19 storm. It can be very frightening at times for children (and adults) to not understand what is happening and why we are changing our routines. It is important that we talk with our children honestly at their levels without overwhelming.
LessonPix provides tools to create custom materials to meet your individual needs. The Sharing Center contains thousands of downloadable pdf's ready-to-use or ready-to-customize.There are many materials that can help explain new procedures and why our nation is acting differently.
Let's take a look at some samples:
- What is Coronavirus? Social Narrative by Lorinda Bradley
- No school for a while Social Narrative by Roberta Wilson
- Social Narrative for Handwashing by Jenna Harshbarger
- Check out Numerous Handwashing Visuals by Katie Hicken
- Bingo - to increase awareness of how to not spread germs by Donnamae Clancy
We hope these visuals help get you started talking with your children and families. Please continue to share in our Sharing Center so others may utilize visuals related to this difficult topic. Our hearts go out to all the families struggling with medical, emotional, or financial strains. Stay healthy and safe.